There’s a free marketing tool, highly effective in creating awareness and driving traffic to your website, loved by Google (ie good for rankings), and yet it’s massively underused by small businesses.
It’s time to Google Your Business!
What is Google My Business?
In a nutshell this is your Google business profile.
You can manage your listing with opening hours, what you do/ sell, upload photos and invite customer reviews.
AND Google My Business results show up in local Google search results.
Undoubtedly you’ve looked at a company’s My Business listing, and used it yourself!
(How fortunate SCB Digital appears top in the search results, in the example above!)
Here are 5 reasons why all local business should have a Google My Business profile:
- It’s free
- It’s easy and quick to use
- Invite customer reviews and ratings that show up on search results, AND which can be used elsewhere, such as embedded on your website
- Show up in local search and map results (see above)
- It’s GREAT for SEO. As a Google product, a highly relevant and engaging Google My Business listing is one easy SEO tactic to use right now.
So where to start…
- You need a Google Account
- Sign in
- In the top right corner, expand the square of dots – go to ‘My Business’ (as it’s now called)
- Search for your business by name
- If you haven’t already, you need to ‘claim the business’
- Update your listing, share the link to leave reviews etc etc
You’re now in (Google) business!